Has any nation or people or community or country risen to power and greatness without the struggles? How do they manage and survive? If history means something then we dare not neglect or relegate it.
I don't know how many of you are truly and really paying attention to the present evil that threatens to divide us and relegate all the efforts of ancestors, in spite of their shortcomings!
Now watch this:
- The Igbos want Biafra,
- The North wants Igbo's exit,
- The Yorubas want Igbo's exit,
- The Igbos are saying; "we have investments in your areas and cannot leave them..." and the fight goes on and on.
- Our President is in London.
- Governors are sharing bailout funds.
- Workers salaries are not been paid.
- Government officials have their children schooling abroad.
- Ministers and Senators are looting.
Then, in Contrast, and still in the same Country;
- The poor Hausa man is riding Okada.
- The poor Igbo man is riding Okada.
- The poor Yoruba man is riding Okada.
- The poor Hausa man sleeps under the bridge as Alamajiri.
- The poor Yoruba man sleeps under the bridge as Alaye.
- The poor Igbo man sleeps under the bridge as Agbero.
One thing that baffles me is that it is pertinent to note that the poor from all ethnic groups in Nigeria have everything in common and so is the rich. Let's stop and ask ourselves these rhetoric questions:
- Why do we allow the agitation of an Igbo man who lives in UK or USA for Biafra cause the killing of the Igbo man in Taraba or Borno!?
- Why do we allow the Alhaji whose children are living and schooling abroad to persuade you to go and start killing on the street of Nigeria!?
The problem in the country is not the agitation of any ethnic group but the unity of the elite and the disunity of the masses. The rich hates us that much! How many times have you taken your agitation to question your local government Chairmen? Why have you not asked your Governors through agitation how they spent bailout fund? Why have you not agitated against that government official whose mansions you go to beg for help?
An irony that befalls my people; it is sad to know that:
- All the Governors love themselves!
- All the past Presidents love themselves!
- All the senators love themselves!
- All the top government officials love themselves!
- All the looters love themselves!
These things tends to get me confused:
- Why can't we the poor masses love ourselves?
- Why can't we combine efforts and fight them?
- Why do we fight ourselves?
- Why do we allow them the freedom we don't have?
Always be mindful of this that a good Nigeria is far much better than a good Arewa,
Oduduwa or Biafra.
This is my piece, so we can all live in peace!